Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Run Mom

Well, I think I go down as the worst blogger ever, seeing as though this is my first blog in a few months..Let me catch you up!

Shortly after beginning my blog, I started feeling as though I was multi-tasking to much, and missing out on the things that really matter. I think sometimes that is the negative side to our instant and technological world. I was just afraid that I was spending so much time facebooking, blogging, or photographing moments that I was actually missing them as they were happening. I also felt like I needed to re-prioritize my time and make sure I wasn't leaving out My Savior, because without Him, I am just wasting my time with everything else. So all that said, at the end of the day blogging just wasn't making the list and honestly the Boggs family has been CRAZY busy these days as well. Another reason for my lack of blogging is that I have been training for a half marathon and the closer it has gotten the longer the runs are, and the less time I have for anything else.

Well, it's here...in 3 days and I am excited, nervous, anxious, worried, and E all of the above. I can't believe 6months ago I couldn't run a mile without gasping for air, and Monday I ran 9.5 and could still hold a conversation with my brother. Speaking of my brother...I am so thankful that he has been going on this little journey with me! My brother and I are two very different people and its awesome to me that we have found something we are both dedicated to and can do together...RUNNING, who would have thought??? Don't be misunderstood though, he can out run me any day :). I say all this not to brag or praise myself in anyway but to let you all know, that if I can do it you can! Whether it be running or something else you have always wanted to do...why wait? I mean it hasn't been easy but its been worth it and I can't wait to actually put all the training to work on Sunday. I am honestly just thankful to God that he has given me a body that can even do this, and my prayer this whole time has been that while I have been training my body physically, I would be training my heart and mind spiritually. While I know my running race will be over Sunday for now, my living race for Christ will still be going, Lord willing, and I never want to stop training for that. It is my prayer that while I run others would see that I get my strength from Christ and that His love is what they see in me. I feel like I have been doing pretty poorly at this lately, but that is why God's grace is enough, and I can get up and try to do better tomorrow! So...I ask my few blog followers to pray for me as I continue on my race not only for marathons, but also for my Lord Jesus Christ.

I will try and be a better blogger and look forward to telling you all how the marathon went! As Lily's little marathon shirt says...RUN MOM, GO BO...and I pray we do just that!

No comments:

Post a Comment