Monday, December 20, 2010

Well if anyone has been following me they can probably tell that my blog has been lacking...I just dont ever seem to find or make time to keep it up! So since my last post, I did complete my half marathon and really enjoyed the whole experience! I look forward to doing many more in the future and would encourage any of you who think you might be intrested to give it a go! 

Our not so perfect decorating
Christmas experience!
So it seems to be the holiday season now and I don't know about any of you other Mommies but I feel like this year I am always a step behind when it comes to anything Christmas. Maybe its the stomach bug or the teething toddler that has made me feel this way, but I am having a hard time finding my holiday cheer! My husband and my church family has however been very helpful in reminding me of what we are truly celebrating and that has really put thing in prespective. Its so easy this time of year to get cought up in the gifts and how much you are spending, that some times I think we forget that the ultimate gift was given and with out Jesus Christ being sent to Earth there would be nothing worth giving! So with that in mind I am finding myself taking a deep breath and just trying to not worry if nothing goes as planned... It really doesn't matter that the night we decorated our tree Lily through a huge tantrum and broke an ornament, or that our Christmas cards took two weeks to get here, or that we are still waiting for all our gifts to come in the mail! What matters is that we have a reason to celebrate because our Savior came to earth so that he may one day give his life for yours and mine and that kind of love is really what we should be focused on sharing. Don't get me wrong...I love Santa and his reindeer, and plan on setting out cookies and carrots, and staying up till all hours of the night wrapping Lily's presents and puting together her kitchen. Honestly I can't hardly wait to see her face when she wakes up! I have just been challenged this year to really remember what we are celebrating and thought I would share!

So probably until next year...Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. I wrote this in December and just got on my blog for the first time since then and realized it never posted so I just went ahead and posted it since it was already written! I'm not crazy and do realize its mostly about Christmas and yes it is April :) Better late than never...right?

    ReplyDelete