Monday, January 21, 2013

6 years and a minivan

This past weekend my husband and I celebrated 6 years together. We took the day off away from the kids, got our teeth cleaned, had a nice lunch and went car shopping. (Romantic right?) Little did we know the only vehicle to meet our needs was yes you got it, the minivan! We sucked it up, put on our grown up underpants and went all in. We looked at them all, and finally found the perfect fit. It was all worth it though when our oldest said she loved it because she has her "own space and magic doors". So hey to some we lost major cool points, but right now my cool points are handed out by a 3 year old so I'm "the bomb" as she would say :) and let's face it I've never been all that cool... It's overrated anyway. You know when I said I do I really had no idea what was ahead. I knew I wanted to be a mom, and I knew I was making a lifetime commitment to my husband. I didn't know I would love him more now than then and that 6 years later nothing would make me happier than rolling up in my minivan listening to the coolest music we could find and actually thinking we might be pulling this off. I didn't see that coming but the best things in life aren't always planned and sometimes you end up with a minivan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment