Monday, January 14, 2013

I WILL COOK, I WILL COOK, I WILL COOK!

Well not only am I taking on blogging again, but I'm also taking back my kitchen! This year I WILL COOK! We as a family are trying to eat healthier, and at home a little more. So I have decided to add a few new meals to my boring dinner rotation. One of the new favorites is spaghetti squash! Since becoming gluten free almost two years ago I have discovered this amazing little creation. Let me say one quick thing about gluten free, this is in no way me trying to be cool. Apparently some people
do this by choice...that is not me. After being sick for some time I got tested and found this to be my new way of eating, and it works for me! Ok back to spaghetti squash. The idea of veggies topped with veggies covered in veggies sounds good to any mom. So here goes....

One spaghetti squash cut in half cooked cut side down for 45min. in oven at 375 degrees. Then take out, turn cut side up, and cook for another 10 minutes or until tender to your desire.
2 zucchinis sliced and halved grilled in skillet with olive oil, salt and pepper.
Sauce-One can tomato sauce and one can diced tomatoes, garlic, basil, salt, pepper, and a pinch of sugar (just because momma said so) Add all these ingredients to taste, I've never really measured so that's all I do. This sauce is what I use for anything italian. It's
simple, cheap and doesn't have all the extra ingredients you don't need. I usually get organic but it's not necessary.
Now place all ingredients in bowl and eat as much as you want because its all good for you!

-if you don't like tomato sauce then butter garlic and Parmesan cheese make a great substitute. My daughter loved it this way

ENJOY!






No comments:

Post a Comment